Ideas to Action
Ideas to Action
On the Table MKE has the greatest potential for impact when participants put their table’s ideas in motion for the benefit of the community. In 2018, the Foundation launched Ideas to Action, a small funding opportunity to support new ideas emerging from table conversations designed to strengthen community and deepen civic involvement. Ideas to Action funding is available again in 2019.
On the Table MKE hosts and/or participants are encouraged to apply for Ideas to Action funding. Awards will range in amount from $500 to $2,500, contingent on quantity and viability of applications. The program will use a streamlined online application process.
- Applicant(s) must have participated in an On the Table MKE 2019 conversation at a registered table
- Open to nonprofit organizations (standard Foundation grant eligibility applies)
- Must feature a new idea generated through an On the Table MKE conversation
- Focus should be on action and collaboration
- Special consideration given to ideas that advance racial equity and inclusion
- Limit one application per table
- Oct. 11 – Application available
- Oct. 31 – Application deadline (11:59 p.m. CST)
- Dec. 20 – Applicants notified of final funding decision
- Jan. 1 (2020) – Project period begins
- Apr. 30 (2020) – Deadline to complete projects
- June 3 (2020) – Final project report due
Recipients will be determined by an advisory committee of community members, Foundation donors and staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I apply for Ideas to Action funding if I am not a nonprofit organization?
- Table participants without nonprofit status are encouraged to partner with a nonprofit organization whose mission aligns with their idea for a project.
- What is required for the final project report?
- Awardees have the option to submit either a short written or video report along with a final project budget.
Learn more about the 16 projects that emerged from table conversations in 2018. Check out the videos below to see how these organizations put their words into action.