- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us as a host or guest/participant in the On the Table initiative (including hosting and dinner information, information hosts provide for purposes of inviting guests, email addresses, mobile telephone numbers and home ZIP codes for purposes of geographic planning and reporting on dinners and participants); we will also need to collect information on your computer including but not limited to: your IP address, geographical location, browser and operating system;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website, including registering as a dinner host or guest, setting up a dinner/event page, inviting guests to a dinner, etc.;
- send you general communications regarding On the Table; send you email notifications specific to your participation in the On the Table initiative;
- send you marketing communications relating to the Greater Milwaukee Foundation and the On the Table initiative that we think may be of interest to you, by post, or where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- compile and use statistical information about users as it relates to overall project response and results;
- deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website (including monitoring message board content).
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us. We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
ON THE TABLE PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE
By uploading photo or video content via this website, participant hereby consents to and authorizes the Greater Milwaukee Foundation and its successors, assigns, licensees and agents (collectively “the Foundation”) to reprint, publish, edit and distribute any and all photographs/videos in connection with the Foundation’s advertising, promotion and publications, in print, video or any form of media now known or hereafter developed, including, but not limited to the Foundation and /or On the Table web sites. Foundation-related events, include, but are not limited to any event initiated by or participated in by the Foundation.
Further, participant understands that he or she hereby assigns all rights for the above-described photographs/videos to the Foundation. Participant further acknowledges and agrees that he or she will receive no monetary payment, royalties, nor other remuneration of any kind for the use of the photographs/videos and hereby waives, releases and forever discharges the Foundation from any and all claims, demands or liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use of the photographs/videos.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you.
We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to reply to your contact form submission.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity for this purpose.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Our Policy for Protecting Your Online Privacy
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyze how users use the site. The tool uses "cookies," which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Greater Milwaukee Foundation.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) Policy
This Website is not directed to children under 13 years old. The policy of Greater Milwaukee Foundation is to NOT knowingly try to collect any personal information from children under 13, including "individually identifiable information," as defined by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you are under 14 years of age, you should leave the Website without filling out any of the forms on this Website or otherwise providing any information about yourself. If Greater Milwaukee Foundation would knowingly collect personal information from children under 13, it would do so in accordance with COPPA.
Greater Milwaukee Foundation
101 W Pleasant St., Ste 210
Milwaukee, WI 53212
The Greater Milwaukee Foundation maintains and manages information that must be kept confidential. The Foundation Board has adopted a policy on confidentiality to assist the Foundation’s directors, officers, employees, agents, fiduciaries and volunteers in fulfilling their confidentiality obligations and commitments.