Ideas to Action Funding
Ideas to Action Funding Application
New this year, On the Table MKE participants will be eligible to apply for small amounts of funding to strengthen community, deepen civic involvement and cultivate new ideas developed during their conversations. Ideas to Action funding will range in amount from $500 to $2,500, with anywhere from 20-40 awards expected, contingent on quantity and viability of applications. The program will use a streamlined online application process.
- Applicant(s) must have participated in an On the Table MKE 2018 conversation at a registered table
- Open to individuals, groups and organizations. (For nonprofit applicants, standard Foundation grant eligibility applies. Documentation required for individual applicants.)
- Must feature a new idea generated through an On the Table MKE conversation
- Focus should be on action and collaboration
- Special consideration given to ideas that advance racial equity and inclusion
- Limit one application per table
- Oct. 10 – application available at onthetableMKE.org
- Oct. 31 – application deadline (11 p.m. CST)
- Dec. 20 – applicants notified of final funding decision
- Selection of recipients will be advised by community members, including Foundation donors, and authorized by the Foundation Board.
- Not all projects will be funded
- Payment letters and agreements will include award amounts and reporting requirements
Guidelines & Requirements
Project Timeline and Final Reporting
- Projects must occur between Jan. 1, 2019 – April 30, 2019. Projects must be completed by April 30, 2019.
- A final report with an actual income and expense project budget must be completed at the end of the project. Reporting requirements will be outlined in the payment letter and award agreement.
What Ideas to Action will not fund:
- Ongoing operating expenses
- Debt reduction or agency endowments
- Sectarian organizations for religious purposes
- For-profit organizations
- Partisan political activities
- Capital campaigns
- Fundraising events
- Salaries/worker wages